Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Summer Reads 37: Susanne Weyn Once Upon a Time Books

 The Before:

I've read these before and loved them! I just was in desperate need of a palate cleanse after that nonsense I put myself through. 

The Feels:

Water Song, I think this one is my favorite! Such a pretty story and I remember the ending make me happy cry when I first read it.

The Night Dance, I lied... this one is my favorite. I'm a giant dork and I love the Barbie Twelve Dancing Princesses movies. I think they're fantastic👸. This is like that, but geared to an older audience. 

The Diamond Secret, This one is so pretty! I don't know how else to describe it. If you like the fake story of Anastasia, then you will like this one!


The Concerns:

I always feel a little bad when the tell the story of Anastasia... I mean we know she died tragically and it isn't good to lump her in with the rest of the fairytales. Although, if I died tragically young, I would love for someone to turn it into a romance-fairytale. That somehow I escaped my tragic fate.


Plot: 10/10
Writing Style: 9/10 
Meaningfullness: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment