Thursday, August 6, 2020

Summer Reads 13: The Marriage Masquerade by Teresa DesJardien

The Before:
I wanna quit my Summer Reads so baadddd😭. This is worse than trying to read all of those Linda Castillo books in a week.

The Feels:
This book is... GOOD? Dare I say it?!?

Love the idea of having characters fall in love after the get married. Something different. She also plays with the female lead's age a bit by making her a little older. Such refreshing ideas!!

The Concerns:
Only major concern is having a real historical figure, Queen Charlotte, as a main character. I just didn't work for me, so I pretended she wasn't a real person. Having her in the book triggers the historian in me and I start to ask too many questions of the book/author as I read.

Not my favorite book I've ever read, but SOOO much better than what I have been reading. 


Plot: 5/10
Writing Style: 7/10
Meaningfullness: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment