Friday, August 7, 2020

Summer Reads 16: Faro's Daughter by Georgette Heyer

The Before:
I.LOVE.GEORGETTE.HEYER

The Feels:
She has not failed me! This is a wonderful book! Wonderfull messy drama with well rounded character. Main character works at her aunt's gaming house, which is frowned upon by the upper echelons of society. Love interest is perfectly broody and looks out for his young cousin. He was unlikeable with out being a total asshat or abusive, and that is always nice. (SOOO tired of abusive men in romance novels. It's harmful, toxic, and sooo unnecessary.) Def an "I hate you, I love you, I hate you, let's get married" sort of romance! 😍 My fave!

Also, upped the age of the main character. I really need to do this in my book. Allows for more self awareness.


The Concerns:
Couldn't put it down so I'm a little behind on housework...


Plot: 10/10
Writing Style: 10/10
Meaningfullness: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment