Sunday, August 9, 2020

Summer Reads 20: A Proper Companion by Candice Hearn

The Before:


The Feels:
OOOOOO!! Love this conflict in the plot! The main characters are an elderly lady, her companion and the elderly lady's son. The son is engaged (pretty darn quickly) to a woman the elderly lady doesn't like. She so spends the rest of the book basically trying to set her son up.

The Concerns:
Normally, I don't like books that involve cheating of any sort. However, I don't feel like our two leads are really at fault here. The mom made them do it. Don't get me wrong, cheating is still bad. I just don't think this is exactly it. I've been cheated on and it sucks! I think I would feel differently if the he's mom set him up because she hated me. If she hated me that much, I would not want to be any part of that family!


Plot: /10
Writing Style: /10
Meaningfullness: /10

No comments:

Post a Comment