Sunday, January 10, 2021

Spindle's End by Robin McKinley

 The Before:

    I've read a few books by McKinley before. I even think I've picked this one up before, but just could not get into it. Pretty sure this one is a retelling so Sleeping Beauty.


The Feels:

    OHHHHHHH!! I just loved this one. It reminded me of Ella Enchanted, if anyone remembers that book. It is a cozy little fairytale retelling. Yes, it was Sleeping Beauty, but a lot was added to it. I've made a post on my other blog about CottageCore and OH MY GAWWWDD. This IS the MOST CottageCore. It's a pretty retelling of a fairytale. Not a ton of drama (which I DO NOT need right now). 


The Concerns:

    This is a fluff book, but that's totally ok to read. There really much substance, but I honestly wasn't expecting any. 


Rating:

Plot 8/10
Writing Style 10/10
Meaningfulness 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment