Monday, June 29, 2020

Summer Reads 7: The Fortune Hunter by Jo Beverley

The Before:
I was a little excited about this one. The summary made me think of Sense and Sensibility.

The Feels:
I skimmed this one. It isn't bad, at least none of the plot points I picked  up on were. It's like off-brand Sense and Sensibility, but gives the heroine a more progressive sense of independence. I liked that she knew she was pretty and really didn't dwell on it. I feel like so many female leads are the "I'm not like other girls, I'm so ugly, but everyone thinks I'm pretty and I attract every man I meet." Amy is confidant in her looks without being obsessed too. She isn't vain, she just knows that beauty can bring unwanted attention.

The Concerns:
Nothing really.
 

Plot: 7/10
Writing Style: 7/10
Meaningfullness: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment