Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Summer Reads 1 & 2: Diane Gaston's The Governess Swap Series

The Before:
I had purchased A Lady Becomes a Governess a while back and recently purchased the sequel, Shipwrecked with the Captain. I love your standard Regency Romance, so we'll see how this goes.

The Feels:
A Lady Becomes a Governess: It's amazing! I love this book. Just your standard Regency Romance like I thought. Really not much more than that though. If you want a nice Regency Romance, here's a good pick. The characters are fine and the plot has a few small twists, nothing too thrilling though.
Shipwrecked with the Captain: Dull... DNF. I think it was the main character mixed with the amnesia plot. Claire is very much a Beth March... *screams internally*... It's pretty much just assumed that she died in the first book. Gaston could really have just left it at that.

The Concerns:
I really don't have any concerns about this series. The first book was a great read, while the sequel left much to be desired as far as plot and character development goes. I didn't hate it and there weren't any of the usual concerns, like abuse or prejudice. It was just boring. I'm not a fan of amnesia plot lines. The bonus of this series is that it doesn't have to be... You can just read the first book. 😅

A Lady Becomes a Governess
Plot: 8/10
Writing Style: 7/10
Meaningfullness: 5/10

Shipwrecked with the Captain
Plot: 2/10
Writing Style: 4/10
Meaningfullness: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment