Sunday, April 5, 2020

Third Girl by Agatha Christie

Before Reading:
Today I've decided to tackle something that requires a little more effort on my end. Poirot novels are usually hit or miss with me. Third Girl in the past has been a big miss. I've tried to get into it before but usually give up after the first chapter or so.

While Reading:
It was odd that they knew Norma was a "third girl". I just think it's an odd part of Christie novels that everyone happens to know everything about everyone. It's like England is a small town made up of only rich people. This is why I usually prefer her Miss Marple series. Miss Marple is a much more self-aware character.

Random notes I made:

"Ha! She's shocked by all stuff at a so called 'supermarket'."

"Where is Hastings? I need Hastings."

"Wait, who is that again?"

"A wig... well I guess that's better than Clark Kent's glasses..."

After Reading:
This is a fairly run of the mill Christie. It had a good twist, but not one of her best. A few too many characters/couples for my taste. It's not a harmful book, but I personally didn't gain much from it either.

Plot: 7/10
Writing Style: 6/10
Meaningfulness: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment