Saturday, September 26, 2020

Gothic Reads 2: The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

The Before:

Today is the loviest of all fall days. I woke up this morning and began to read out on my patio (reviews to come). I've been so busy with the start of the school year, so I've decided to try something a little different today. I'll be listening to a radio drama version of this wonderful story, which you listen to as well right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7kVIIVsFMk&list=PLfkJoqn3qIr1CQ5UV3MUa5FY-7JDRcvJl&index=16&ab_channel=PacemakerStudios


The Feels:

What a perfect start to the season! It totally awoken that cozy feeling inside me, which was only helped by my adventure to the apple orchard today. Katrina is much more kind in this version. 


The Concerns:

YIKES! The conversations in that classroom... The teacher actually hits a kid and we hear the slap. Ichabod is a bit more of a d-bag. Katrina didn't really lead him on; he was really only invited to a party. He then assumed that meant that Katrina wanted to marry him. Although it wasn't nice for Katrina to have invited him while having an ulterior motive, that shit's on him. He was also pretty awful to his horse. 


Plot: 10/10

Writing Style: 9/10

Meaningfulness (Yeah... it just dawned on me that this is in fact a real word and yes I have been spelling it wrong all these months...): 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment