Sunday, October 4, 2020

Gothic Reads 4: Suspense Radio (Vincent Price Collection)

The Before:

    I've mentioned before that I have a love for all things old-time radio! I came across a collection of Vincent Price stories and have been listening to it all week. Here's a link to the collection if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yMLgxIJ2R0&t=11129s&ab_channel=CalebJones


The Feels:

    I really don't know much about Vincent Price, other than he's almost always the villain, which for the most part, rings true in this collection. It's a bunch of great stories, perfect for this time of the year.


The Concerns:

    Obviously, these stories are old, but I'm always a little surprised with some of the"word" choices that are made. Women are also not the most well depicted in these stories. If you're not in the mood to ignore some old-timey nonsense, don't listen to this. I mean as much as I love it, some of the things they say can momentarily take me out of the story. This collection might not be for you and I totally understand.


Plot: 8/10

Writing Style: 4/10

Meaningfulness: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment